Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cubefield Education Game

Two cards for the price of a

Today, partly because of reading these days, Italian with a suitcase of Beppe Severgnini (famous these days for another ) kindly provided by Angelo, we give thrust to travel literature . An account of what happened in the last hour, plus the introduction. Then let me know if the genre is fascinating, maybe I repeat the experiment.

The premise: returning to work from vacation (holiday is a euphemism for "cold, discomfort and boredom) I get a call from my colleague, Mirella. His grandmother passed away, will return home for the funeral, he asks me if I can replace it for 3 days. Well, of course, that will never be 6 hours a day? Will be that I have scarcely time to prepare, I'm tired, the students are tired and after 3 x 2 = 6 lessons I feel that from the point of view of their progress as if I had made a half. Above are the use of small tricks to try to get good performance with little cost such as: trick No. 1: lesson dedicated to the movie "Night Bus" (two hours film + 1 hour to wipe all the bad words in mind: asshole, bullshit, hoes, 'he broke the balls, who the fuck you, fuck you, bitch, you tear the balls etc etc ...), a bit sorry' for But the dirty words "Double Time" did not make me mad and "The First Thing" I could not find the subtitles. Trick 2: smooth in line with the Unit 4 project of Italian-speaking Italian at the bar I brought the coffee maker in the classroom and I showed how to make coffee with the help of an electric stove. As a result of bitter coffee, sweet, sour milk and milk and sugar. I still do not explain why one of the things that attracted the most attention was the installation of coffee, girls are made to feel and smell and I said, has a funny smell!
Well, as things never go like you want, full immersion in three days that I wanted to do, followed by three days of vacation (remember the euphemism?) I do not want to do. Today is the first of these comfortable with and let us tell of this day.

Fabio, the class president had told me to call the company that Ms hired me here at the University of Pharmacology. I call her and she asks me if I received your message. Um, no message here, I point out. Okay, the point is still to be paid the money for lessons and I have an account on the Commercial Bank of China (ICBC, for friends), I have an account on the Shanghai Development (SPD, also for friends) ... not good? No, nein, fat, only one or no money. The other universities (the one who requested the paper SPD) had at least two alternatives if you do not have the bank account that we say we'll give you the cash pennies. But basically today is a holiday. And I start to think about these strange rivalry between banks in China, I can take the metro and while we have to redo the piece of the bus / metro ... I lost yesterday, another sore spot. 'Nuff said, it's almost 11:30 in the meantime I have to move fast with Google Maps to find the nearest branch of ICBC that if I arrive late at the table is pain. The other day I saw myself serving at 11:50 the fund everything nice bruciaticcio white rice because I was "arrived late". I take Severgnini's book to read in meters, the paper that ICBC had last year in Jinan (who has ever served) and head towards the cafeteria.

A table index of meat and ask what it is. The guy before me does not respond, a guy behind him says to me is chicken, chicken with turnip. Okay, I say. The boy begins to put on the tray and the guy behind us thinks it is duck, does, that there is chicken, indicating another dish of which were three pieces. So what's the difference and, because it always makes a big difference, the guy puts the leftovers of chicken and duck together gives me a little more '. I sit and 'm going to eat my meat, seaweed and white rice with a tiny chicken head staring at me from the tray and a fat white cat that meows and red under the table. Then we set off from the metro stop Zhushanlu.

The bank was easy to find, the initial fear was: addurranno strange excuses not to open my account because it's Saturday afternoon? But in fact the main problem was that the serial number B1123 warns me that I got that there are 29 people ahead of me. Esco, I think to go to another subway station, Baijiahu to make the card and return. But then I leave and I feel a little round, after a few meters you will find a supermarket and I decided that my sport is to kill time turn around the Sugu. I come out nearly twenty minutes after the instant noodles flavored with curry beef and coffee jellies. I could not find: snacks that would meet my needs (these brioscine Chinese and these cookies do not convince me never, ever end up buying the same, phew), an envelope of soup and a drink ready for anything that inspires me. The return of the 29 people there are still a 20in to wait. Go to the metro would be a wise choice. I take a picture out of boredom and I refer back to read until my turn came.

I sit down and say to Miss Wang who want to open an account. You ask me if I have completed the form. Oops, the whole line after I did I did not think there was the form to be completed. The usual stupid. Not bad, I get up, correct the form and sit. I would place us in a commitment to complete the forms but the fact that people are queuing makes me anxious to supply infinite, do the bambi eyes (hoping that there will appreciate the long eyelashes that foreigners get together and the grudge my students) and ask for a hand. Mr arrives. But, asks me to write the name ... and signing. Look at my signature squiggle and does not show much convinced that it does not say what you wrote here. Take my name and write it in capital letters above the signature. Then he writes for me the passport number, address of where I live and my mobile number. That's a bad figure, I say 6 instead of 9. Fixed but not convinced, take another form, and recopy everything. This time I sign my name in block writing, ever. Miss Wang gets to enter my data, but something did not convince. He asks me to pass the paper that ICBC had before. Strip my card an unknown number (but tending to high) times, the paper is "Waid" (another location) and then can not see the information. Then enter the account number, by some other macumba found my information here and the bitter surprise. My name is on the old paper: I wrote here MARIOPARLATO TALKING MARIO, there was clearly rotten in Denmark. Meanwhile, a woman behind Miss Wang and the man of next door are starting to show interest in my case. What to do? What to write? And in the meantime I thought how things were going smoothly in Shijiazhuang, where the Bank of China have been content to write my Chinese name in spite of the formalism, no, no, must be the name on the document! Miss Wang decides that the fact that I wrote and not TALKING MARIO MARIOPARLATO not necessarily demonstrate that I am trying to make me go to someone else and fill in the rest of the form, 0 cents out of money. The lady behind says that's not good ... should write so that they are 000 yuan 0, not 0 cents. The sig.na Mr. Wang recalls. But it makes him copy my data to a new form. Poor Mr. But after the adventure the sig.na gives me a new card, receipts asks me to withdraw it all and I thank you.
I looked at the receipt and say, Miss, I'm sorry, but you misspelled my name. And I note that despite having dissected my name, my passport photocopied and forografato card receipt showing that I am called TALKING MAPIO.
In my innocence I ask you to fix it, but no, the new module, new card. This time with the right name. At the end of the delivery both me, I can throw the first, reassures me. Two cards for the price of one ... in any case is zero.

0 comments:

Post a Comment